Monday, October 7, 2019

Introductory

I am Kyle Weiner and I joined AICE Media Studies for my passion of the subject and I am excited to learn more about the class. I always loved editing on Adobe apps and want to expand my skills in future projects. I hope to make a good film project that blows the graders away on the final. I am excited for the future and hope to make fun projects. Last year I did TV Production and it was one of my favorite classes. So far I have learned the same things and more, such as: camera angles, shots, editing terms etc. If I could, I would have taken this class last year. I worked on a film studies class for Duke TIP two years ago, and I plan to do it again this year. I am excited to watch and analyze films in this class.
          My favorite films are The Truman Show and The Usual Suspect. I like these films because they are very pleasing to watch, and have a unique ending that I wouldn't have guessed. I want to watch more films and am excited for new ones to come out. So far we have analyzed the Charlie Chaplin film, City Lights. I thought it was really good for its time, and how it did not use sound was really unique and the start of Chaplin's style. Another project that was very cool was learning how to Storyboard and the process of how a film is produced. I was interested to learn how long each part took, and how important film festivals are for smaller films. Movies like the Dark Knight and other Dramas are probably my favorite. You could say my favorite genre is Drama, and Action, as I look for many aspects that make the film my favorite. The most important aspect in my opinion is character development. This helps you see the film through the characters eyes and makes it much better.
         The best thing I did last year was create a commercial that was around 3 minutes long. It was a blast to record and it turned out really good after I edited it. This makes me excited for the commercial project that we will do soon in the class. I hope to do something that I did not do last year and that will help me learn more about film studies. My favorite part of film is the editing process. My favorite editing tool is Adobe After Effects. I spent most of my summer learning how to use after effects. I will be very happy, and excited if I am able to use it for the videos we film this year. Overall, I am very excited for the future of this class and what we will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment