Monday, October 28, 2019

Planning to Edit the Commercial

Today is October 28th and we looked over out footage. We had 19 clips overall and chose which ones were the best. I personally liked the clips with a lot of shadows. This is because it will help with the theme of the commercial. Most of our clips actually had really good lighting. This is surprising because there was a lot of glare outside that day. We had a pretty good place to film on the track. I think everything worked out. Dumping the clips onto the computer did take a while. This was because other groups were using all the SD Card adapters. Once we got it on, we made a folder called "commercial" to save the clips. The next thing we did was make sure the clips were correct and and put it on Google Drive.
     On Google drive I made another folder called "AICE Media Studies". This will be for all future clips we put on there. I organized the clips in order of time for the video. I also made sure they were all there. The clips were the right length but I think we will have to slow some down. Because Pinnacle studios wasn't up today we decided to plan our editing process. I think that we should go with an emotional theme. Possibly like the theme of never giving up.
     I think at the beginning we should have shadows and slow the clip down. This is because Sean walks fast it in and it doesn't convey the right theme. In other clips I need to add more shadows on seans face while he runs. and to slow down the race for it to be comprehensible. On the clips where Sean drinks Gatorade I need to color correct and make the Gatorade pop on the screen. I also need to put it in slow motion when he slams it on the ground. I think that the music choice will dictate the theme so I will spend a long time planning it. I also want to make the medal we give Sean more noticeable. This can be done in many ways but I think the best is to use some color techniques. I think we should mainly use jump cuts but we do need some variety. I am excited to edit the commercial next class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment