Thursday, November 7, 2019

Editing the Commericial

       Today we finished editing the commercial. The first thing we did while editing it was put all our clips in the editing timeline. Then I organized all the clips as my group mates told me which ones looked best. Then we started cutting. The commercial had to be less than 30 seconds long so I had to cut a bit of the clips, but it worked out. We had to make it short and sweet. I next added some color correction to a clip and more shadows. This was to create suspense at the beginning. Next I made some clips slower because it looked better slower. I then added fades to a few clips. A fade in at the beginning really helped set the mood! I also added a fade out after the Gatorade splashed. 
             I then added some text of a classic Gatorade slogan at the end. I Dont think it looks perfect, but it will do. I then found the music by myself, and added it. My group mates were arguing about it but we decided to keep it. It was time to export and pinnacle studios was having a ton of problems. Because I am a veteran to editing I was the one trying to fix the problem. While I was frantically changing settings and looking up if anyone else had the issue, my group mates were playing games. I got minimal help so we could not export it. I do not think it was a good idea to have us use a super old editing software. 
          The editing process was very fun and went smoothly. However the exporting process was hell and I will try and find a solution. I think i should have added a Gatorade logo at the end. I also could have added some smoother transitions. The biggest barrier was having to do all of our editing in a 2 hour time frame. This was hard because nobody had any experience with pinnacle studios. Frankly, the lesson about it and the notes didn't help. I hope we will have more time to email our projects to our teacher. This has been a hectic experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment