Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the Final Task

             It's only been halfway through the year and we are already on the final project. I am excited to work on this project. I have always wanted to be able to do an assignment in the class where we aren't limited to a theme. A recap of myself, is I go to Fort Lauderdale high, and am 16. I have always liked learning about Film and an effect of that is AICE Media Studies becoming one of my favorite classes. I think over the 2 quarters I have learned a lot more about film than I knew beforehand. I have benefitted from this class more than any other I have taken. In fact, I may end up studying film in college. This class has really given me the opportunity to explore my interests. I can't thank this class enough.
            I have learned many things in this class over the two quarters. For example, I had no idea what mis en scene was and how it was so important when filming something. I also learned how to work better when you have a group of people with varying ideas. We all had to eventually agree on something. I also learned how to work in pressure. On the very first assignment, we had around 45 minutes total to film the commercial. It was really hard on us to be creative with such a small time frame to record. I can bring many things to my group this project. I am used to editing the projects, and I have gotten good at it recently. I also can help come out with ideas and help with ideas.
             A pitch in film is a hollywood term to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less. USually with one sentence.
         Our group has multiple pitches we are thinking about:
Pitch 1: An infamous bank robber who recently retired. Gets an invitation to be part of a life-changing heist worth billions, has to make a hard decision
Pitch 2: A child who idolized a famous hero, takes extreme measures to become a real-life hero. This crazy pursuit results in homicides and more.
Pitch 3: This movie follows the perspective of a deranged kidnapper, he slowly comes to the realization over the course of the movie and tries to undo his actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment