Sunday, October 17, 2021

Genre Choice for Film

 The genre I have decided to go with..... is Mystery!

After doing research on all three of the genres that interested me I believe mystery is the most ludicrous option and I want to give myself a challenge. Not only will mystery force me to create a much more complicated pitch than what I have right now, but I will also have to gain a large cast. However, I think that it will result in a great film because of this. I will be changing my pitch a lot because of this, however, I already have an overall idea of what new pitch I want to do. I chose mystery overall because of its versatility. I realized how many different approaches you can take with mysteries. I think for mine I want to combine it with some sort of historical lore. For example, connecting it to a fairytale or old century times like the white and red rose conflict that many shows are based on. I was going to choose a thriller but I did that for AS level and I wanted to try something new. While I love thrillers, the mystery will be a more interesting route to take.

For a new pitch, I am thinking of incorporating the same idea of murders in the pitch. I think I could do a mystery with some history relating to the reason for someone's death. You then have to follow the history to figure out the motives. I like anti-heroes so I probably won't go for the same route of hero vs villain. Making the protagonist the main character would be unique for a mystery. I hope to try and do something unique for this short film.




No comments:

Post a Comment