Monday, October 25, 2021

Short Film Research: MORE

 I am starting my short film research with one of my favorite short films of all time MORE. Mystery short films are really hard to come by as they usually have a different genre with a mystery sub-tone. This is exactly what MORE does. I would argue that this shows a mystery but the person solving it would be the viewer themselves. They have to fill in the holes left out about the world and the dystopia.

Common Sounds- Sounds are just sound effects and the occasional mumbling that is supposed to be talking.

Common Mis-en-scene- Setting of the outside, the factory, or the room where he's making the goggles. The mis-en scene includes the drab color of grey until you wear the goggles. The characters are unique and fit mis-en scene especially the facial expressions they have to use.

Common Editing- Stop-motion editing as well as the color changes. There also are close-ups and scenery shots and bird-eye views.

Elements I like- I love the themes of this short film and how much more I wanted to know after I watched it. I was questioning so many different things after watching this film.

Elements I dislike- This is my favorite short film, there isn't much I dislike but if I had to critique it I would say the transitions between stories like the outside could have been smoother. Also the mystery of the world could have been gone about more.












No comments:

Post a Comment