Sunday, October 17, 2021

Genre Research (Mystery)

 Mystery Research


Common Lighting: One common progression of light in Mysteries is lots of shadows. I think they do this to try and show that not everything is shown. You have to infer things in mysteries and shadows help a lot with that. 

Common Camera Angles: Close-up shots, zoom shots, Birds-eyes views, anything that shows the emotions of characters.

Common Movement: Camera movement seems more subtle from my experience with mysteries. Maybe some tilt dolly shots but that's about it.

Mis en Scene: Location: This can actually vary greatly in the mystery genre. However, I would like to do an older time possibly.. I find that mysteries are made before they have access to the internet or more captivating and interesting. It also allows for fewer plot holes.

Color Design: Tends to have a tint on darker scenes while possibly having some blur on more important scenes.

Elements of Genre: A hook, suspense all around. red herrings. strong, compelling characters. evidence that makes sense, reader involvement, a satisfying ending.

Common Sound: Tend to be extremely strict and follows pacing a lot in mysteries. There might not be any sound in an important scene where you want to get as many details as possible. On the other hand, a slower conversation might have music in the background.

Examples of Epics: Knives Out, Clue, Citizen Kane, Sherlock Holmes.

Appeal: I have been reading a lot of mystery novels recently so I have tons of ideas on how to integrate my pitch into a mystery film. I also think I can get it done in the time frame.

Dislike: Need many characters usually, which might be hard for me working alone.



No comments:

Post a Comment