Monday, October 25, 2021

Research: How to Make a Short Film

 This video was decently useful for some friendly reminders before I start making my film. He gave me some ideas to improve my storyboarding at the beginning and also how to come up with ideas. I decided to look at his past short films and they all look pretty good. I also was wondering though, how many people he expects to be working on these. With everything he is saying, it seems like this was meant for people with a budget. Because I basically have no budget, I was looking for tips on how to make a good movie without the cost. Also, the materials he shows are very high quality. I maybe wanted to know about lower quality sets as I cannot move a camera on a dolly etc. I like his points at being smart with your decisions, however. Such as that you should be careful with what actors you choose because of time frames and also their abilities. I don't know who I am going to have acted in my movies but I have some ideas. I probably will use little speaking roles in my film to try and make it as high quality as possible. I find that I like short films with little dialogue more anyways. That's why it doesn't matter as much for my actors as they won't need to perform to a high standard.

This also showed me the difficulty in making a short film. I think after reading this, the short film is going to take much longer than I thought. There are so many small things to worry about. I am a bit scared about doing it on my own but am excited about the challenge.




No comments:

Post a Comment