Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Short Film Research: Escape the Undertaker

 This is a light-hearted Netflix-made show with WWE superstar the undertaker. While its production isn't perfect it is a good example of a mystery genre for a short film. I also found it interesting to try and solve the mystery at the same time.

Common Sounds- There are hastily thrown together sound effects as well as the dialogue between characters. Busy background sounds if that makes sense.

Common Mis-en-scene- Costumes for all the characters such as the Undertakers descriptive outfit. As well as the mansion/house it takes place in. There are a lot of props as well for the challenges.

Common Editing- So many jump cuts here. Voice overs are also common.

Elements of Genre I like- I like how effective this was with the clearly lower budget and how the mystery was set up so you truly still didn't know at the end.

Elements I didn't like- Although I gave it some praise, the movie truly has a very low production value with cheesy acting and not that great themes. This isn't a good film but I thought I would include it because its a mystery.


No comments:

Post a Comment