Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Short Film Research: Damned Peace

 This was a crime mystery which is really interesting as I might do something similar to this short film. The first thing I noticed was how good the marketing was for this short. Since I might major in marketing, I took notice to these details in the poster and how it related to the film. This project was also extremely small as barely anyone worked on it and the budget must of been low It is "A journalist finds a career-defining story. But if written it could cause a gangland war. She must decide truth or peace?"

Common Sounds- Sounds of sirens a lot, not that much talking, good sound effects despite the small budget. There was one song that played in the background that fit very well also. The actor was very good.

Common Mis-en-scene- The mise-en-scene included the main character's outfit, the setting of the places she went such as the outside being sandy and bleak at some point. I really liked how they created a common theme with the colors in this short.

Common Editing- Editing is over-the-shoulder shots, with tons of back and forth between two characters. There also are tilt angles everywhere and shots where they follow an object. I thought that the camera work was really good.

What did I like about the genre- I think the actors carried this short film, the dialogue really made the mystery actually feel like something. I also thought that the scenery helped me feel much more immersed in this project.

What did I not like- I didn't like the low budget they worked with. I think so many things could have been improved with a bit more spending such as the quality of the camera overall.




No comments:

Post a Comment