Thursday, January 20, 2022

Filming Complete


Today I finished filming all the necessary scenes. The reason I finished filming today was for a special scene that my friend Luc wasn't there for on the original days of filming. I had him act as a side character without any lines. However, his part was vital to understanding the story. He was the janitor who put up posters which ended up being what the characters settled on as the explanation. However, at the end of the movie, you notice that the poster isn't up. The way I set it up is the final scene which shows the room is for those who really paid attention. So technically there are two endings to this movie. For these new scenes, I had Luc wear a beanie and not shave his beard to look more adult-like. I also got permission from the actual janitor to take a quick recording of janitorial supplies. Combining these is pretty hard but I did an editing effect that works well. What I did was had an opacity transition so the supplies were over him unlocking a door. This took a little bit to figure out but it turned out great in the end. Editing has been taking me a while overall. I am spending a while looking for good royalty-free music. All of it is either really cinematic or romantic music. I need background music that isn't those two. I have a couple contenders right now but the main issue is it not being too distracting. Almost all of the songs kind of distract from the dialogue in the movie. Which is probably the most important part. Anyways, I think I will finish editing very soon.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment