Saturday, January 29, 2022

Sound Issue

 

Here I am going to talk about a sound issue with my movie. Before movie magic, it was really bad. I filmed during some busy times of school, so the background was littered with voices. This is a tiny bit obvious in the movie. But only if you pay close attention to the sound. Currently, I am working on getting rid of the voices. My plan of action is to try and add this plug-in for premiere pro. What it does is get rid of background noise. It isn't perfect, however, and some scenes require me to manually mess with Audio Gain. 

Edit 1:
After some work, I have reduced most of it. There is some that cannot go away since premiere counts it as the voice work that I need to include. I am still working on a workaround for this so I will update this blog once I think of one/

Edit 2:
I have found a little bit of a solution. While this isn't a complete fix, it definitely helps. So what I did is a bit complicated, but I will do my best to explain. There is this plug-in on Premiere called Sapphire. One thing on it is an Audio extension that allows for boosting voice. This is used to make a certain pitch louder than others. I boosted the voice lines that my actors used. What this did was make it really loud. Then I lowered all the sounds overall, making the background noise MUCH less noticable. This will be the final fix, and I am happy with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment